Setup guide help

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

RyanMontie

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:26 pm

I apologize if this is not the correct place. I am putting together a test environment for my company, since my md3000i took a nosedive. I snagged a free license of the software, but it would only allow me one node since I don't have a microsoft cert, so I downloaded the trial. I have two nodes, both running 2008 r2, and I have created three disks, following the instructions on the quick start guide.

I have created the iscsi discovery ports, and have the targets show up in ISCSI. I cannot log onto these ports for some reason. Well, I could to one server, but not the other. Now the roles seem to have switched overnight and I can log onto the iscsi targets from the other server. Tells me 'service unavailable'. It's odd, and I'm little bit confused. The drives are synchronizing now. Could that be why I can't log into them? It says they should be synchronized in about 4 hours. Should I be able to log into the drives from both servers/targets? I assume so.

Thanks,
Ryan
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:59 pm

RyanMontie wrote:I apologize if this is not the correct place. I am putting together a test environment for my company, since my md3000i took a nosedive. I snagged a free license of the software, but it would only allow me one node since I don't have a microsoft cert, so I downloaded the trial. I have two nodes, both running 2008 r2, and I have created three disks, following the instructions on the quick start guide.

I have created the iscsi discovery ports, and have the targets show up in ISCSI. I cannot log onto these ports for some reason. Well, I could to one server, but not the other. Now the roles seem to have switched overnight and I can log onto the iscsi targets from the other server. Tells me 'service unavailable'. It's odd, and I'm little bit confused. The drives are synchronizing now. Could that be why I can't log into them? It says they should be synchronized in about 4 hours. Should I be able to log into the drives from both servers/targets? I assume so.

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi! This is the perfect place to post your question! It looks like you`ve got MS iSCSI target role installed. Please check if it so, and if that piece of software is running, uninstall it please.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com